Venmo has delivered in-app donations to charities and a redesigned cash switch screen.30.Dec.2022
PayPal-owned Venmo today made two changes to its peer-to-peer payment app. These include the ability to donate to charity through Venmo and a redesigned money transfer experience. The latter aims to improve the ability to pay or request multiple payments at once, while also making it easier to see who and how much money is being sent.
The update will roll out to all his Venmo users on iOS and Android starting today, the company says, but the donation feature will be adding new features over time.
First, Venmo users can browse verified charities in their local community or by charity category, including animals and pets, disaster relief, education, and more. Users can donate to a charity of their choice using their Venmo balance, debit or credit card, or linked bank account. In the coming weeks, Venmo users will also be able to share their donations with friends and encourage others to contribute company memos.
Top Blog Posts
- Spotify launches audiobooks in more English-speaking markets outside the US 3 months ago
- Proton Drive End-to-End Encrypted Cloud Storage Comes to Mobile Devices 3 months ago
- Venmo has delivered in-app donations to charities and a redesigned cash switch screen. 3 months ago
- Jakarta-based fintech Akulaku raises $200 million from Japan's largest bank 3 months ago
- Amie made $7 million with a bossy calendar and to-do app 3 months ago