Indian social network Koo gains popularity in Brazil but faces moderation issues30.Dec.2022
Elon Musk, who hijacked Twitter, sent people looking for alternatives like Mastodon and Hive. In Brazil, many people have an affinity for the Indian social network Koo. indicate. But just a week into his launch in the South American market, Koo is already facing moderation and security issues.
The Bangalore-based startup claims he has been downloaded over a million times in Brazil. Analytics firm Sensor Tower backs up this claim, with the app saying he went offline from Sept. 11 to Sept. 19. November 14th and 20th. Sensor Tower's App Store and Play Store charts both show that Koo was the top app in the country during this period.
However, many users are able to join the platform and make jokes: Koo sounds like the Portuguese word for asshole. This is why there are so many backward-looking jokes on both Twitter and Koo, with gaming company Razer and other brands on board. Ku also confirmed the joke, explaining that it meant "the sound of that pretty yellow bird."
Top Blog Posts
- Spotify launches audiobooks in more English-speaking markets outside the US 3 months ago
- Proton Drive End-to-End Encrypted Cloud Storage Comes to Mobile Devices 3 months ago
- Venmo has delivered in-app donations to charities and a redesigned cash switch screen. 3 months ago
- Jakarta-based fintech Akulaku raises $200 million from Japan's largest bank 3 months ago
- Amie made $7 million with a bossy calendar and to-do app 3 months ago